Future development of Adventure.js
Adventure.js is an evolving platform (you might even say it's "incomplete"). Here's a list of things we plan to add in the future.
- Conversation system
- Directed dialog / multiple choice
- Dialog choices selected from an emotional spectrum, based on Plutchik's Model
- ask about / tell about
- tell NPC to...
- AI logic, including goals, personas, pathing with ability to lock/unlock doors, stealing / dropping assets
- Weather, including day/night cycles, wind, rain and snow, light levels
- Logic for underwater environments: buoyancy, floating, sinking, oxygen consumption
- Logic for zero gravity environments: floating, collisions, micro gravity
- Crafting: SubstanceMixer currently uses the mixwith property to mix two substances into a third, using a simple lookup method. We can build on this with a more advanced crafting system.
- Obfuscate code: for authors who may not want their code left human readable
- Accessibility compliance per Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, to ensure that Adventure.js games can be played with screen readers
- Multi-lingual support: it was an early goal but only got harder the deeper the system got. Turns out it's really hard to handle multi-lingual support in a grammar based parsing system.
- GUI for creating games through drag & drop and params pulldown menus
- Online service with user accounts to host GUI and save games-in-development
To make suggestions / recommendations / ask for new features, email email@example.com.